Transport Category Manager
Day Rate: £650 - £750
The Transport Category Manager will deliver on key procurement projects across the category space. You will work in an internal consultancy capacity, leading responsibility for Transportation spend, quality and service.
You will develop key supplier relationships, ensuring that critical suppliers are managed effectively both internally and externally in order to maximise business. This will also include supporting the Strategic and Preferred supplier programmes across the Transportation portfolio.
Main Responsibilities for the Role will Include:
- Provide Logistics, Traffic and Transportation category industry knowledge.
- Analyse and evaluate potential local and regional suppliers.
- Develop and lead the projects through a structured sourcing process (category strategy, planning, benchmarking, RF(x), negotiations)
- Transportation contract management including but not limited to contract administration and uploading into a database, updates and amendments
- Assist in identification and realisation of cost savings, customer service and process opportunities.
- Ensure category and team compliance to sourcing policies and procedures that are checked by internal audit.
- Monitor the industry and bring best business practice opportunities to the team for evaluation.
- Strong and effective decision-making capacity
- Effective at interpreting complex and multiple sources of information to make decisions
- Strong programme management skills
- Improves processes to eliminate non-value adding activities
- Highly effective collaboration skills
- Effective at influencing others, inc. executive management
- Expert knowledge of the Transportation market place and external best practices