Procurement Specialist – Financial Services
Position: Interim (6 Month Contract)
Day Rate: £700 - £800 Per Day
Location: City of London
The Procurement specialist for Financial Services defines the strategy for all sub-categories on a UK and international level whilst managing global key supplier relationships.
Drives strategic sourcing initiatives, defines and controls the global category end-to-end Procurement cycle and manages as well as optimises supplier performance and contracts for all globally managed sub-categories within Financial Services, whilstalso ensuring high level of customer satisfaction.
Main Responsibilities for the Role will Include:
- Developing category strategies and category strategic plans, including initiative plans, for all global sub-categories within Financial Services validating them with the Head of Sourcing & Category Management, and consulting with Regional Category Managers and the respective internal customers
- Conducting strategic sourcing initiatives, including fact-based negotiations (supplier and industry analysis. benchmarks, cost structure analysis) for all global sub-categories within Professional Services, and ensuring process compliance and high levels of customer satisfaction
- Defining supplier management strategy and executing strategic supplier relationship management with key global suppliers within Professional Services.
- Leading major strategic sourcing initiatives as well as supplier relationship management programs with key regional suppliers for major regional sub-categories.
- Identifying supplier risk areas and quantifying exposure to risk areas for globally and regionally managed sub-categories within Financial Services, and executing risk mitigation actions.
- Must have strong knowledge of Financial Services settlements & payment process.
- Strong and effective decision-making capacity
- Effective at interpreting complex and multiple sources of information to make decisions
- Strong programme management skills
- Improves processes to eliminate non-value adding activities
- Highly effective collaboration skills
- Effective at influencing others, esp. executive management
- Expert knowledge of Financial Services market place and external best practice