Position: Permanent (Full Time)
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
As a Procurement Professional, you will be responsible for delivering Procurement activity for the business including the execution of the end to end Procurement process, delivery of information, products and services, to quality, cost and schedule requirements.
You will manage the supplier performance and improvement activity, including pro-active risk/opportunity management. As well as developing, maintaining and managing stakeholders.
Main Responsibilities of the Role Include:
- Planning, controlling, executing and monitoring all in-scope transactional Procurement and major subcontracting activity.
- Developing and agreeing the Procurement strategies for particular assigned areas and leading implementation of plans. Whilst promoting cross functional collaboration to ensure full, thorough engagement and buy-in to contracting strategies.
- Undertaking as well as supporting the team, in supplier assessment and due diligence activity to ensure the effective selection of suppliers to meet business needs.
- Recording and reporting cost savings / cost avoidance and delivering ongoing cost analysis. As well as robust project / contract management.
- Leading the timely identification, analysis and resolution of internal and external issues which may potentially affect the supply of material to programme requirements.
- Update in house reporting systems with accurate information relating to the procurement activity and in accordance with document management policy and process.
- Undertaking the continuous review of supplier performance against quality, cost and delivery metrics to ensure requirements are met and therefore supporting the future Supply Chain strategy.
- Demonstrable understanding of building knowledge of supplier operations and working with them to optimise their service.
- Experience of working on large contracts and negotiating terms and conditions.
- Proven track record of supporting stakeholder engagement within a highly regulated environment.
- Ability to understand and develop cost management.
- Experience of ERP Systems
- Experience of managing, analysing data and generating reports
- CIPS Qualification