Position:Permanent (Full Time)
Salary: £45,000 - £50,000
Location: Barrow-in-Furness , Cumbria
The Procurement Lead will deliver on key projects across the supply chain space. You will work in an internal consultancy capacity, supporting various Stakeholders across multiple business units.
You will develop key supplier relationships, ensuring that critical suppliers are managed effectively both internally and externally in order to maximise business. This will also include supporting the Strategic and Preferred supplier programmes across the full business portfolio
Main Responsibilities of the Role Include:
- Maintain the required levels of reporting across your team associated with: Development & Production phases / Cost & spend management / Supplier Performance / schedule delivery performance of data and hardware
- Lead all aspects of Supplier Management including negotiation of contracts, conducting CSRs, performance improvements and supplier development activities
- Facilitate and/or lead requirements associated with the work package and that of the team.
- Be accountable for all related Supply Chain activity in line with area of responsibility
- Manage team performances via MPR’s, PDR's, PDP and be responsible for the ongoing training of all team members
- Engage with senior stakeholders regularly, ensuring each contract is securing the best value for money possible.
- Ensure policies and procedures are up to date and that compliance is consistently monitored.
- Demonstrable understanding of building knowledge of supplier operations and working with them to optimise their service.
- Experience of working on large contracts and negotiating terms and conditions.
- Proven track record of supporting stakeholder engagement within a highly regulated environment.
- Ability to understand and develop cost management.
- Experience of ERP Systems
- Experience of managing, analysing data and generating reports
- CIPS Qualification