Procurement Category Lead - Construction
Position: Interim (6 - 12 Month Contract)
Day Rate: £500 - £600 Per Day
The Construction Category Lead will be responsible for driving the cost effective and timely delivery across all construction procurement sourcing projects. The Category Lead has both internal and external recognition as an expert and is responsible for driving the sourcing process, supplier risk management, and collaboration with business leadership to develop the procurement strategy for the full range of procurement projects.
The role will form part of the Procurement Leadership, contributing to the structure and ethics of the department, correct deployment of resources to meet all customer requirements, and ensuring a consistently high standard of performance is expected and achieved from the procurement function.
Main Responsibilities for the Role will Include:
- Develop strong relationships with leaders and key decision-makers in order to influence behaviours and ensure appropriate involvement of Procurement in all sourcing activities.
- Collaboratively develop plans with key stakeholders to ensure alignment of targets, improve supplier performance, and implement continuous improvement plans across spend.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain Team to identify opportunities to utilise extant supplier relationships and frameworks that leverage Group scale.
- Responsible for identifying repeat requirements from the projects pipeline and placing demands on the Category Procurement Team to deliver suitable, long term contracting mechanisms.
- Ensure compliance with process, governance and controls as agreed in the Procurement Code of Practice and Sourcing methodology.
- Collaborate with adjacent Leads to develop and enhance systems, process, and best practice sharing to help achieve best in class performance and bring consistency to sourcing activities.
- Extensive procurement experience in construction and property sectors.
- Extensive commercial experience in all aspects of construction.
- Understanding of both the UK and, preferably, international construction sector.
- Well versed in the RIBA process and implementing structures and strategies to support this process.
- Extensive knowledge of the key commercial dynamics in the construction sector including industry trends and standards across a range of categories.
- Experienced at dealing with internal and external senior level networks to build and leverage relationships.