Procurement & Supply Chain Manager
Position: Permanent (Full Time)
Salary: £40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria
As the Procurement & Supply Chain Manager you will have the responsibility of managing a team in the delivery of the functional strategy for your assigned area. You will ensure the team has clear objectives and are empowered to deliver key targets within an acceptable timescale and budget.
You will deliver key strategies, policies and procedures that enhance product quality as well as customer satisfaction. Working cross-functionally you will ensure achievement of key knowledge transfer and deployment of best working practices across the business.
Main Responsibilities of the Role Include:
- Actively seeking out and identifying risks and opportunities for improvement, implementing as appropriate.
- Continuously reviewing, challenging, driving and leading on process improvements.
- Effectively managing and adhering to budget (direct & overhead), working in collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Actively promoting improvements both individually and within the team.
- Ensuring personal and team compliance with all role related processes and/or internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Actively promoting compliance to ensure that the performance and behaviors are conducive to the delivery of the team’s performance targets.
- Ensuring relevant targets are delivered by regularly reviewing, reporting on progress and resolving issues.
- Ensuring the team works collaboratively across the functions to resolve problems, achieve objectives and deliver high standards of performance.
- Ensuring that a customer focused approach is firmly embedded across all teams.
- A high level of management experience and business acumen gained within a Procurement/Supply Chain environment
- Experience of managing a team in a pressurised and highly regulated environment
- Ability to address performance issues and provide suitable resolutions
- Risk Management and Continuous Improvement experience
- Demonstrable experience of recognising changing demands in the Project Life Cycle
- MCIPS qualification