IT Category Manager
Position: Interim (9 Month Contract)
Day Rate: £500 Per Day
The Category Manager for IT defines the strategy for a range of sub-categories including Hardware, Software, Hosting and Telecommunications on a global level and manages key supplier relationships.
Driving strategic sourcing initiatives, defines and controls the category end-to-end procurement cycle and manages, and optimizes supplier performance and contracts for all managed sub-categories within IT Services, whilstalso ensuring high levels of customer satisfaction.
Main Responsibilities for the Role will Include:
- Take the lead on the full procurement lifecycle for all IT and Technology projects.
- Develop and implement a Category Strategy Plan covering all elements of category management. .
- Execute category sourcing strategy in line with company processes.
- Develop and undertake supplier capability assessments.
- Create negotiation strategies and lead negotiations.
- Manage supplier performance (review progress, assess progress and close contract).
- Strong and effective decision-making capacity.
- Effective at interpreting complex and multiple sources of information to make decisions.
- Strong programme management skills.
- Improves processes to eliminate non-value adding activities.
- Highly effective collaboration skills.
- Effective at influencing others, Inc. executive management.
- Expert knowledge of the IT Services, supply market place and external best practices.