IT Category Manager
Position: Interim (6 – 12 Month Contract)
Day Rate: £500 Per Day
The IT Category Manager will deliver on key procurement projects across the IT Services, Software and Hardware category space. You will work in an internal consultancy capacity, supporting various Stakeholders across multiple business units.
You will develop key supplier relationships, ensuring that critical suppliers are managed effectively both internally and externally in order to maximise business. This will also include supporting the Strategic and Preferred supplier programmes across the IT portfolio
Main Responsibilities for the Role will Include:
- Take the lead on the full procurement lifecycle for all IT and Technology projects.
- Become a pivotal player in a fast-paced, close-knit and highly functional Procurement team, being a Subject Matter Expert in all IT categories.
- Build strategic vendor partnerships with Software and Technology vendors.
- Create and implement new processes to help streamline the company's procurement function.
- Analyse Spend Data: perform in-depth spend analysis across all IT categories
- Analyse procurement practices and supplier risk: map and analyse the current commodity practices.
- Strong and effective decision-making capacity
- Effective at interpreting complex and multiple sources of information to make decisions
- Strong programme management skills
- Improves processes to eliminate non-value adding activities
- Highly effective collaboration skills
- Effective at influencing others, Inc. executive management
- Expert knowledge of the IT market place and external best practices