Catering Category Manager
Day Rate: £650 - £750
Location: South West
The Catering Category Manager will deliver on key procurement projects across the category space. You will work in an internal consultancy capacity, leading responsibility for Waste Disposal spend, quality and service.
You will develop key supplier relationships, ensuring that critical suppliers are managed effectively both internally and externally in order to maximise business. This will also include supporting the Strategic and Preferred supplier programmes across the Catering portfolio
Main Responsibilities for the Role will Include:
- Review & analyse category performance on a monthly basis.
- Manage forecast/supply management activities and analytical tasks to a high level of accuracy.
- Completely own & deliver all in year deliverables, including range plan & NPD
- Improve category performance understanding
- Develop strategic relationships with category partner suppliers, to drive growth and support margin investment opportunities.
- Drive sales and profitability on the specified account through identifying opportunities
- Influence the specified account to progress with proposed category opportunities
- Help build a relationship with the specified project teams and ensure that the company is the preferred supplier for proposed category opportunities
- Strong and effective decision-making capacity
- Effective at interpreting complex and multiple sources of information to make decisions
- Strong programme management skills
- Improves processes to eliminate non-value adding activities
- Highly effective collaboration skills
- Effective at influencing others, inc. executive management
- Expert knowledge of the catering market place and external best practices