Category Manager – MRO
Position: Interim (7 Month Contract)
Day Rate: £600 - £700 per day
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
The MRO Category Manager will deliver on key procurement projects across the category space. You will work in an internal consultancy capacity, leading responsibility for spend, quality and service.
You will develop key supplier relationships, ensuring that critical suppliers are managed effectively both internally and externally in order to maximise business. This will also include supporting the Strategic and Preferred supplier programmes across the MRO portfolio.
Main Responsibilities of the Role Include:
- Developing category strategies & category strategic plans, Inc. initiative plans, for all MRO sub-categories.
- Conducting strategic sourcing initiatives, including fact-based negotiations (supplier and industry analysis, benchmarks, cost structure analysis) for all sub-categories within MRO ensuring process compliance and high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Defining supplier management strategy and executing strategic supplier relationship management with key global suppliers within Indirects.
- Leading major strategic sourcing initiatives as well as supplier relationship management programs with key regional suppliers for major regional sub-categories within the category.
- Identifying supplier risk areas and quantifying exposure to risk areas for globally and regionally managed sub-categories within the category and executing risk mitigation actions.
- Strong and effective decision-making capacity.
- Effective at interpreting complex and multiple sources of information to make decisions.
- Improves processes to eliminate non-value adding activities.
- Highly effective collaboration skills.
- Effective at influencing others, Inc. executive management.
- Expert knowledge of the MRO supply market place and external best practices.